This book identifies and explores in depth the top 25 sights in Washington, D.C. in a compact, pocket-sized guidebook that also covers other popular spots and major neighborhoods all over the city, including shops, entertainment options, restaurants, hotels, and useful details like helpful web sites and travel information to make your short trip to Washington, DC a great trip.
This guide is updated annually.
This travel guide includes:
· A useful, weather-resistant pullout city map and a metro map for easy navigation
· Full-color photos and full-size street maps of major neighborhoods.
· Neighborhood walks that show off the best of the city with self-guided tour ideas
· Essential info – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, and more
· Popular day-trip destinations.
· A two-day itinerary to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path.
· Many hotel, restaurant, and entertainment recommendations
· Major sights covered include the Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, National Air and Space Museum, National Archives, National Museum of African American History and Culture, National Zoological Park, Rock Creek Park, US Capitol, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and White House.
With its full-color photography and top 25 to do lists, Fodor’s 25 Best books are the perfect companion for any traveler. A pull out map with major sights marked, is included.
About Fodor’s: Written by locals, Fodor’s travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.