Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
With history around every corner, Washington, D.C. is a city that seamlessly blends yesterday and today, and it's a perennial favorite for families. This updated guide lets travelers discover the myriad charms of the nation's capital, from its stately monuments to the trendiest restaurants.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on The Mall, National Air and Space Museum, and Arlington National Cemetary
· Major sights such as The Capitol; Washington Monument; Lincoln, Jefferson, and FDR memorials; The White House; National Cathedral; Dumbarton Oaks; Arlington National Cemetary; Smithsonian Museums; Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial; Vietnam Veterans, Korean War Veterans, and World War II memorials; National Zoo
· Side Trips from Washington, D.C. including Alexandria, Mount Vernon, Woodlawn, Gunston Hall, Annapolis
· Coverage of The White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Capitol Hill, Northeast D.C., Downtown, Georgetown, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, Adams Morgan, U Street Corridor, and Upper Northwest